I love experimenting with breakfast foods because it’s actually my favorite meal of the day. Most days, I eat overnight oats but when I want a bit of variety, I make these delicious vegan oatmeal muffins!
Now, I try to keep my breakfasts healthy since I don’t want to start off the day with too much sugar. These oatmeal muffins are just perfect since they are low in sugar and fat.
When I feel like I want to eat a bit healthier, these are my go-to muffins, whether it’s for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
Equipment for the muffins
I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something, I may earn a commission. Thanks.
These vegan oatmeal muffins need several kitchen utensils.
Firstly, you will need 3 bowls – small, medium, and large. I love this set of 3 mixing bowls since they come with lids, making it multipurpose.
Vegan oatmeal muffins ingredients
Now that you’ve got your equipment ready, let’s gather the ingredients for this healthy oatmeal muffin recipe.
What you will need:
- Non-dairy milk – I like to use soy milk but you can use almond, oat, cashew, or any type of milk.
- Flax seeds – This is for your flax egg but you can use chia seeds instead or any egg replacer that I mention in my vegan baking substitutes post.
- OIl – Any neutral flavored oil should work, such as canola or sunflower.
- Baking powder
- Brown sugar
To get started, you’ll need to soak the oats in the milk for 15 minutes. While it soaks, it’s the perfect time to make your flax egg and let it sit for 15 minutes too.
Once your flax egg has solidified and 15 minutes passed, mix in the flax egg and oil. Pour in the oat mixture and mix well.
In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. You’ll then pour the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
At this point, you’re ready to fill your prepared muffin cups with the batter. An added touch to these vegan oatmeal muffins is the beautiful topping.
Sprinkle your muffins with oats and brown sugar. It’ll give the muffins a nice crispy top and add extra beauty to them.
Pop them in the oven for about 25 minutes and you’ve got yourself breakfast for the next several days.
To wrap up
I hope you enjoy these healthy vegan oatmeal muffins, whether it’s for breakfast or a snack.
Sign up below to get more delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
Let me know in the comments if you make these muffins. I want to hear how you enjoyed them!
Vegan Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oats for topping
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 425° F or 220° C.
- In a small bowl, add the oats and milk and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Prepare your flax egg by adding the flax seeds and water into a cup and letting it sit for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the flax egg and oil. Then, pour in the oat mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the large bowl of wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin holders and fill with the batter.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of oats and 1 tablespoong of brown sugar on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.