We all love to have something ready to snack on throughout the day when we need a break. These no bake energy bites are just what you need.
They’re so easy to make, they don’t even require any baking! And they’re healthy so you don’t have to feel guilty taking an extra bite.
I like to snack on these while I feed my little one her afternoon snack. She’s only 13 months old so these aren’t her type of snack, but here’s an excellent list of snacks perfect for kids.
If you’re in need of ideas of what to feed your baby or toddler, fill out your details below and you’ll get a FREE meal plan to jumpstart your week.
Roll up your sleeves and let’s get baking. Wait, it’s a no bake recipe so let’s just get right to it!
Ingredient for no bake energy bites
I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something, I may earn a commission. Thanks.
With these energy bites, you really don’t need many ingredients. You probably have all of these ingredients right in your pantry already, which makes this recipe so much easier!
What ingredients do you need?
- Oats – Any kind will work but I always prefer quick oats.
- Chia seeds – You can also use flax or hemp seeds if you don’t have chia seeds.
- Nut butter – I like to use half peanut butter and half almond butter. This way, it doesn’t have such a strong flavor from the peanut butter and it’s more balanced with the mild flavor of the almond butter. Any nut butter can work here, such as peanut, almond, cashew, or hazelnut. If you’re allergic to nuts, you can use tahini instead. I actually added a bit of tahini in mine and they came out delectable!
- Maple syrup – You can also use date syrup or molasses. Did you know that molasses has tons of iron?
- Vanilla extract – A tiny bit goes a long way in giving a nice flavor to these no bake energy bites.
- Chocolate chips – I love a crunch in my food. Whenever I make cookies ‘n cream overnight oats for breakfast, I always add chocolate chips for the extra crunch. And because it tastes good, who am I fooling?
Let’s talk about kitchen equipment for a minute. Whenever I make anything, I always like to have useful and robust equipment.
Nothing is more annoying than mixing your batter with a whisk that bends in your hand. Or rolling out dough with a rolling pin that does more damage than good.
This is why I like to go for the best, but reasonably priced kitchen equipment.
For this no bake energy bites recipe, there are a few kitchen items that I recommend you use.
- Mixing bowl with a handle – I love having a handle to hold onto when mixing large amounts of batter. It makes it so much easier! And this mixing bowl is also non-skid so it won’t slide around on your countertop like most metal mixing bowls do.
- Measuring cup and spoon set – With 19 pieces in this set, you will never need to look elsewhere for a measuring cup. I have this in my kitchen and it’s an absolute must!
- Airtight food storage containers – This set of 24 containers is perfect for storing these no bake energy bites, as well as any food you want to keep fresh. I love having so many containers in my cupboard. As my husband says “no matter how many containers we have, we always need more!”
Now that you have all your ingredients and equipment gathered together, you’re ready to make these energy balls.
Simply add all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix until it’s all combined.
Then, pop it in the fridge for half an hour to let all the ingredients hold together. This will make it easier to form into balls after.
During this time, go do what you do best!
Do you enjoy watching a good TV show? Or cuddling with your pets? Or maybe you just want to clean up the mess you made and wash the dishes?
When I’m not watching my princess Haylee, I love to just cuddle with my cats. So you’ve got 30 minutes to relax before you start rolling these into energy balls.
After half an hour passed, take the bowl out of the fridge. Prepare a plate to put these no bake energy bites onto.
Scoop about 1-2 tablespoons and roll it into a ball. It should be really easy at this point since it had time to harden.
It may be a bit sticky which is perfectly fine. Just wet your hands slightly and it will be much easier to roll out these chocolatey energy balls.
You’ll get about 12 energy bites from this recipe. If you’re like me, it’ll probably get eaten in a couple of days. They’re energy bites so they’re about bite-size. You can definitely eat 3 or so at once.
These no bake energy bites should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months.
I would make a few batches of this and then freeze some for the next few weeks. This way, you can enjoy healthy snacks every day for a while.
No need to resort to those unhealthy cookies or fattening potato chips.
To wrap up
These no bake energy bites will offer you a nice boost of protein during the day. It’s a great snack while staying healthy.
If you make these, post a picture on Instagram and tag @veganaturalmom so I can see them! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I did.
Subscribe below to get more of these awesome recipes and tips!
No Bake Energy Bites
- 1 ¼ cups oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ cup nut butter peanut, almond, cashew
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Add all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Refrigerate for half an hour to firm up.
- After half an hour, remove from the fridge and roll into bite sized balls.